With the start of a new year, it’s time to start some good practices in maintaining and protecting your home. A good way to jumpstart your home improvement resolutions is to start practicing good window maintenance habIts. Today, your trusted replacement window installation contractor Renewal by Andersen® of Rapid City shares some helpful maintenance habits for your windows.
1. The clean-up for your windows should be scheduled on a cloudy day. The majority of people will agree that general home cleaning is best done on a sunny day because it is easier to see debris and dust buildup when the sun is shining brightly outside. Washing windows on a sunny day, on the other hand, will cause the glass to dry more quickly, resulting in streaks. As a result, try to schedule your window cleaning for a day when it is cloudy.
2. Make it a habit to clean your windows regularly. It is recommended that you wash your windows at least twice a year to make them brighter and more clear. Cleaning your windows regularly ensures that they remain easy to open and close while also contributing to the overall appearance of your home.
3. To remove hard water stains from your windows effectively, avoid cleaning them with tap water. It is believed by experts that if your tap water contains a high mineral content, you will most likely experience hard water stains on your windows. This is easily removed by wiping your windows with a cloth soaked in water and vinegar after they have been thoroughly cleaned.
4. You should also avoid DIY window repairs. Band-aid solutions are only effective to a certain extent and DIYs can also increase your window’s risks of damage. For your professional double-hung window repair needs, leave it to your trusted local window contractor Renewal by Andersen of Rapid City.
5. Clean the outside of your windows from the inside of your home. When it comes to cleaning windows, it can be a difficult task, especially if you’re cleaning windows in the upper levels of your home. Remember that it is perfectly acceptable not to climb your ladder to keep your windows sparkling clean for your safety. You can quickly determine if your windows can be tilted inward for easier cleaning by using this method.
Renewal by Andersen of Rapid City offers professional door and picture window installation services. Call us at (605) 341-7831 or fill out our contact form to schedule an appointment. We proudly serve clients in Rapid City, SD.