If you haven’t started your window cleanup this fall, now is the best time to do it. There are plenty of good reasons to have this task done as soon as possible. For starters, it allows you to get rid of the dust and debris that have accumulated in and around your windows during the spring and summer, preventing your seasonal allergies from getting worse. Not only that, window cleanup also ensures that your units will be ready for winter and the freezing temperatures that come with it. But how exactly do you start? Renewal by Andersen® of Rapid City, the premier replacement window contractor in the area, shares this handy fall window cleaning checklist:
But First, You Need to Get the Right Items and Tools
Fall window cleanup becomes a bit of a challenge without the right items and tools. In fact, you can even damage your windows accidentally if you use the wrong ones. But the good news is that the applicable items are fairly easy to find. You only need a bucket of soapy water, microfiber cloths, a soft bristle brush, a glass cleaner that’s approved by the window manufacturer, a sponge and a vacuum with an extension hose.
How to Go About Your Fall Window Cleaning
The task can be simple once you know what to do. Here’s your basic guide:
1. Inspect your windows before doing the cleanup. If you spot damage to the units, call a reliable window installation company like Renewal by Andersen® of Rapid City for a thorough checkup and the recommended solution.
2. If your windows are in good condition, go ahead with the cleaning. Pick a cloudy day to perform the task. That’s because the cleaning solution will dry too quickly if the day is bright and sunny, and will create unsightly streaks on the window glass.
3. Remove any window treatments. Blinds should be wiped down using a microfiber cloth.
4. Using the soft bristle brush, clear away the dust along with the window frames, tracks, and screens. The debris can be vacuumed with the extension hose.
5. Line the window sills with microfiber cloths so they can absorb any water droplets. Use the sponge dipped in soapy water to wipe the screens clean.
6. With the glass cleaner (which should be residue-free) and a microfiber cloth, clean the windows thoroughly. Work from the top-down, cleaning the units in a side-to-side or up-and-down pattern.
Call Us Today!
Renewal by Andersen® of Rapid City is the go-to company for high-quality residential window services. Look no further for top-tier products and unmatched workmanship that you’d be happy to recommend to friends and family. Call us today at (605) 341-7831 or fill out this contact form to schedule your window consultation. We serve homeowners in Rapid City and throughout Western South Dakota.