The fenestration industry has no shortage of door and window companies. Having choice means you do not have to settle for any contractor that does not meet your standards. However, selecting from too many options can overwhelm you.
In Renewal by Andersen® of Rapid City’s experience, the most pressing predicament every homeowner faces is choosing between national brands and local window and French doors installation companies. It is never easy to pick a side since each one makes a strong case for why they are the wiser choice. Let us further investigate.
- Quality – Nationally recognizable names are popular for a reason. Yes, some of them became household names because of heavy advertising, but marketing alone can’t make a business sustainable. The most successful window and door brands are those that have proven to deliver quality products and services consistently.
- Protection – Big double-hung window and sliding patio door companies have robust mechanisms in place to provide extensive warranty coverage.
- Property Value – When you sell your house, your windows can be an asset only when your prospective buyers know them. Consumers do not trust unheard-of products.
- Incompatibility – Mass production is the bread and butter of many national window and door brands. Variety may not be an issue, but custom fit might be.
- Design Limitation – Mass-produced windows and doors lack originality. Going with them runs the risk of buying the same exact unit your neighbors have.
- Inconvenience – More often than not, products from big-box stores do not come with professional installation. You either put them in yourself or hire someone you may or may not be trained to handle the units you bought.
- Customization – Local contractors usually custom-make the units they install. These companies can give you the luxury to design your replacement windows and doors to the last detail.
- Personal Touch – The beauty of seeking local window and door replacement services is experiencing a sense of community. Small companies rely on referrals to grow their business, so they make every effort to make every customer feel special.
- Unreliability – Unlike bigger companies, smaller ones might not have enough resources to honor their warranties. It is not uncommon for a local contractor to go out of business when a previous customer wants to report a defect.
- Obscurity – Buying practically unknown windows and doors might not increase your property’s value. If you put your house on the market shortly after your project, you may not get the most out of your replacement units.
What separates us, Renewal by Andersen of Rapid City, from the rest is that we are part of the Andersen Corporation but are still a local business at heart.